About the Shiva Statue:
- Crafted and hand painted in Maharashtra, India.
- Lord Shiva is carrying a trident, known as a trishul, which represents his power to destroy evil and ignorance.
- Ideal as part of collection in indoor temple or stand alone in small rooms and flats.
About Lord Shiva:
- Lord Shiva is often referred to as the destroyer and transformer, as well as the god of fertility, meditation, and yoga.
Why is Lord Shiva depicted blue?
- The gods and the demons decided to churn the ocean of milk in order to obtain the nectar of immortality. However, during the churning process, several dangerous and poisonous substances also emerged from the ocean. As the situation became more and more chaotic, Shiv drank the poison, known as halahala, to protect the world from its destructive effects. The poison turned his throat blue, which is why he is sometimes depicted with a blue throat. The story of the churning of the ocean of milk is seen as a symbol of the struggle between good and evil, and of the importance of sacrifice for the greater good. It also highlights the bravery and selflessness of Shiv, who was willing to endure great pain and risk his own life to protect the world.
Material: man-made fibre
Dimensions: 8" height, 6.5" width, 3.5" depth
Lord Shiva Statue